Percocet – moderate to severe pain
Pain is a natural way your body tells you something is not correct. We all have felt the pain at some point in our lifetime. However, you can feel pain in many forms. The sensation can be burning, stabbing, throbbing, and pinching. If you are suffering from moderate to severe pain then the doctor may prescribe you to buy Percocet online.
The pain can be mild to severe, but two broad categories are divided:
- Acute pain: If the pain you feel is for a short duration, it is known as acute pain. This type of pain is related to situations like injury or surgery. It is not permanent and goes away after some time. This type of pain can be mild or severe.
- Chronic pain: Chronic pain occurs if a person suffers from any disease like cancer-causing the pain. Usually, the pain in this category is severe and ongoing.
It can be physical or mental. However, we cannot treat mental distress, but medications like Percocet can help with physical pain.
What is Percocet?
Percocet is a prescription medicine that helps people suffering from moderate to severe pain. It’s also given when the other non-opioid treatment doesn’t help with the pain. Percocet is a semi-opioid drug that is prepared by combining oxycodone and acetaminophen.
It works in the central nervous system and restricts the path of pain signals traveling through your nervous system by binding the opioid receptors. The oxycodone present in this drug provides the main pain-relieving effects.
And the acetaminophen present in this medicine helps to elevate the pain-relieving effects and helps to lower the fever.
Percocet is a schedule II controlled substance which states that this medicine has a high risk of habit formation and even causes overdose and death. Therefore you should only use this medicine under medical supervision.
How to use Percocet?
Percocet is potent medicine, and you should only use this drug if a doctor prescribes you. In addition, there are multiple risks involved in using Percocet; therefore, before buying Percocet online you need to follow some instructions to interact with the medicine safely.
- Read all the medical instructions provided by your doctor carefully before using Percocet and take this medicine orally as initiated by your doctor.
- You can take this medicine with or without food; however, if you feel nausea, then take this medicine with food.
- Avoid the consumption of grapefruit in any form because it increases the risk of several side effects of Percocet.
- If you are taking this medicine in liquid form, then make sure to use a particular measuring device to take this medicine.
- Use this medicine when the first sign of pain occurs.
- Do not break or chew the tablet because it can cause an overdose.
- If you are dealing with chronic pain, it will only help when there is a sudden burst of pain.
- Withdrawal symptoms like restlessness, nausea, diarrhea, and sudden changes in behavior can occur if you suddenly stop taking Percocet.
- Percocet does not work well in the long term, Therefore inform your doctor if you feel the medicine is not working.
It is a highly addictive drug; therefore, take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because it reduces the risk of addiction.
However, discuss whatever queries you have with your doctor before you buy Percocet online.
Precautions you should take before taking Percocet
These are necessary steps that you need to take before using any medicine. It reduces and eliminates the risk of dangerous side effects and drug interactions. You need to follow these instructions if you buy Percocet online.
The list of precautions is mentioned below:
- Before taking Percocet, inform your doctor if you are allergic to Percocet or any other substance.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and marijuana because it can increase the dizziness of the medicine.
- Before having surgery or going to the doctor, make sure to inform them if you are using any prescription drugs.
You should also inform your doctor if you have issues like:
- Brain disorders such as tumors, injury, or seizures.
- Mental or mood disorders like confusion and depression.
- Breathing issues such as COPD, asthma, or sleep apnea.
- Kidney or liver disease.
- Personal or family history of substance disorder such as alcohol abuse.
- Stomach or intestinal problems such as blockage, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Difficulty in urination due to an enlarged prostate.
- Gallbladder and pancreatic disease.
Older adults are more sensitive to the side effects like confusion, dizziness, and shallow breathing.
You should also consult your doctor if you are pregnant because Percocet can travel to the unborn baby and create unwanted effects on them.
Percocet can also transfer through breast milk; therefore, avoid taking this medicine if you are nursing an infant.
What are the doses of Percocet?
The dose of Percocet depends upon the severity of the pain and how you are reacting to the drug. It comes in different variants that the doctor initiates after analyzing your condition.